I had a heartfelt talk with my son the other day. He said, “Mom when I decided to take some initiative and  did my own research instead of using the info and links my teacher gave me, I failed the assignment.” He then asked, “What’s the point of even trying to do more or reach higher if I’m only going to fail in the end?”
I asked him what if all the great men and women in the world gave up after their first failed attempt. What if the Wright Brothers gave up after their first failed attempt at flying, then we wouldn’t have flight.
First flight of the Wright Flyer I, December 1...
First flight of the Wright Flyer I, December 17, 1903, Orville piloting, Wilbur running at wingtip. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
What if scientist gave up at their first failed attempt to create a cure for the world’s diseases?
What if Christ gave up after being, denied, betrayed and rejected, then there would be no hope in this world and hope is the fuel that drives us.
We need to take a page from Jacob, despite wrestling with God till dawn and being struck in his hip, he refused to let go, he had a spirit that said I will not let you go until you bless me and God blessed him and changed his name to Israel which means,(who prevails with God). Jacob refused to let go despite the fight, the setbacks, the pain and struggle (Genesis 32:22-28).
God has placed gifts, vision and greatness in all of us, we all have a purpose in life to fulfill and we can’t allow fear or failure to stop us “For God has not given us a spirit of fear (or defeat), but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”2Timothy 1:7. Could you imagine what the world would be like if great men and great women like you gave up? I imagine it would be a world not worth living in. I encourage you to keep pursuing your God-given dreams and passions. Don’t give up.

A Kingdom Princess