LOV

Saturday, August 17, 2013

God's Name Revealed


God’s Name Revealed

by kingdomprincess
I was studying the True Lord’s Prayer found in John 17:1-26 when this verse jumped out at me. Christ said, “Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. –John 17:11 I know the name that God gave  His Son was Jesus Christ the Savior of Man but in this verse Christ speaks of the power of God’s name, the name He gave Christ. So I journeyed back through the four gospels and saw that Christ always referred to God as “His” Father. John chapters 7 and 8 details a dispute amongst the people and the Jewish leaders about who Jesus was and who His father was and He consistently spoke into their hearing that “His Father” is God. There was only one place in the scripture that I found where Christ did not refer to God as His Father and it was in Matthew 27:46 when He cried in a loud voice, “My Godmy God, why have you forsaken Me?” I believe that it was in that moment that,
“He surely took our pain and bore our suffering,
yet we considered Him punished by God,  stricken by Him, and afflicted.
But He was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
 the punishment that brought us peace was on Him,
and by His wounds we are healed.-Isaiah 53:4-5
In the True Lord’s prayer Christ says to His Father in verse 26, “I have made you known to them and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray (Luke 11) He said to them, “When you pray, say: ‘Father’ ”.  FATHER is the name Christ revealed to us, it's how He wants us to see God, as Our Father. Christ took our punishment and was forsaken by His Father for a moment on that cross, so that we may never be forsaken. By His wounds we can boldly say, “Our Father” yours and mine.
Related Articles:

LIVE...LIFE...FREE! ITS GOD'S SPECIALTY (John 10:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment